Peet's Coffee is the premier specialty coffee and tea company in the United States. Peet's buys the highest quality beans in the world, artisan roasts every bean by hand to order, and delivers all of its coffee quickly for superior freshness no matter where it is sold. Founded in 1966 in Berkeley, Calif. by Alfred Peet, who is widely recognized as the grandfather of specialty coffee in the U.S., Peet's has a rapidly growing, passionate customer following that seeks out Peet's coffees wherever they go. Peet’s is sold in multiple channels: 250+ retail store locations in six states, National Home Delivery Service, Select Office Coffee and Food Service programs and is expanding rapidly in Grocery across the U.S. Currently, Peet’s is available in 8,500+ grocery stores across the U.S.
This full-time role based in our Emeryville headquarters reports directly to the Director of IT Security. The individual in this role will be responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, maintenance and administration activities associated with the Peet’s Coffee network infrastructure, including telecommunications circuits, LANs, WANs, Switches, Routers, Load Balancers, and Firewalls, both physical and virtual devices.
Complexity and Autonomy
Uses clear judgment to formulate opinions and recommendations relating to the network infrastructure.
Decision-Making Authority and Judgment
Recommends and implements solutions, procedures, and standards which are in alignment with the overall company goals.
Information Technology Team
Technical Support Managers
Hardware and Software Vendors
- Knowledge and Skills
- Experience configuring, implementing, and maintaining the following:
- Cisco Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Cisco Access Control Lists and VLAN Segmentation
- Cisco Port Level Security
- Cisco Virtual Private Networks
- Remote Two-factor Authentication Solutions
- Intrusion Protection and Detection Systems
- Palo Alto Networks firewalls and VPN’s
- Physical and Virtual LAN/WAN Design and Implementation
- Routing protocols such as BGP. OSPF and EIGRP
- Network Services such as DNS, NTP, DHCP
- Network Monitoring and Management Tools, Solarwinds preferred
- Understanding of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and network related controls
- Excellent documentation skills, including using Visio for network diagrams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems using packet decoding tools such as Wireshark