Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the Manufacturing and Distribution Safety Manager is responsible for leading continuous improvement of employee safety programs and ensuring compliance with health and safety laws. Responsibilities include identifying, analyzing and establishing programs that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
Workplace Safety Program:
Manage workplace safety program (policies & procedures) to support a culture of safety and comply with OSHA regulations
Evaluate effectiveness of workplace safety program, updating policies, procedures and training programs in conjunction with changes in operations or regulations, and in partnership with Sr. Risk Manager
Partner with managers of people to ensure compliance with workplace safety program
Partner with Manufacturing Training Manager to develop, update and deliver safety training programs
Manage safety inspection program including follow-up on corrective actions
Lead root cause analysis of accidents and near miss incidents
Lead and support safety committees and emergency response teams in Manufacturing and Distribution facilities
Compliance and Reporting
Develop key safety performance indicators and metrics in collaboration with leadership team to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement
Partner with Sr. Risk Manager and serve as primary contact for OSHA inspections
Partner with Quality Assurance team to provide documentation for compliance audits
Partner with Legal and Human Resource teams to support an effective transitional duty (return-to-work) program.
Participate in business insurance renewal process, in partnership with Risk Manager
• 5+ years previous experience as safety manager
• Demonstrated experience in occupational safety methods, standards and practices including OSHA and EPA standards
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing policies, standard operating procedures and management reports
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent organizational and motivational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to build and maintain effective working relationships and build trust with business partners.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• BS/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred